K-Drama Picks

 My K-Drama obsession all started when I ran out of things to do at home. My friend suggested some K-Dramas. At first, I wasn't interested. Reading while watching? NO thanks. But then.. I watched an episode, then the whole series, and before I knew it, I was watching a bunch of shows.

Top 6 Picks 

(in descending order)

1. It's Okay to Not Be Okay

This one has to be my favorite. The story is about the romance between Ko Moon-yeong (a dark & 'heartless' children's book author) and Gang Tae (a psychiatric ward caretaker). They're held back by their responsibilities, history, and trauma. I love this show because it's not only about romance, it's also about family, brotherhood, mental illnesses, and health. Also, I love love love the strong female lead. 10/10, would recommend!

2. Crash Landing on You

Ever wonder what it's like in North Korea? This celebrity businesswoman finds out when she accidentally lands there while paragliding. Of course, the man that finds her is a North Korean military Captain. While he tries to get her home safely without getting caught, they slowly fall in love. This series is important to me because it's my first K-Drama but I had nooo idea where their love story was going. Also, it will definitely make you cry.

Crash Landing On You” (2019 Drama): Cast & Summary | Kpopmap - Kpop, Kdrama  and Trend Stories Coverage 

3. Itaewon Class

This one is hard to summarize. Sae Ro-yi experiences so much injustice and torment from the rich and successful Jang family. His father was killed by Geunwon Jang and his father covers this up. Sae Ro-yi was even sent to jail for attempting to put justice in his own hands. But after his release, he opens his own restaurant to continue his father's dream, and to beat the Jang family. Along the story, there is a love triangle between him, Oh Soo-ah (his first love who chooses her dreams over him) and Jo Yi-seo (a younger girl who acts like a sociopath but will do anything to support him). I have a favorite, but I don't wanna be bias *hint..girl in the pic*. Besides the crazy story, we will also see Sae Ro-yi's friends, a transgender and a half black-half Korean man, and how they overcame discrimination. A truly inspirational series.
class — RadioActiva 92.5

4. Goblin: The Lonely & Great God

This one is full of fantasy. There's a Goblin, Gream Reapers and ghosts. As a punishment from the God, the Goblin can't die until he meets the love of his life. He's been waiting to end his decades of misery, but when he finally meets her, he wants to live. Such a sad faith. I haven't finished this one but I can't wait to know if they get a happy ending. I heard this one is really good, so might have to bump the rating up later?
Goblin: The Lonely and Great God – This May Be The Best Show You'll Watch  All Year

5. Start-Up

This is another inspirational drama. It is more on the fun, happy side, but there is still a lot of drama. Yes.. you will still cry. Seo Dal-Mi gets the opportunity to have a start-up business in Sand Box, but so does her enemy, her sister. Her dream is slowly coming true, and it is all with her first love.. or that's what she thought. When she finds out her first love is actually her business mentor, she is conflicted about who really has her heart.Also, I love this show because Kim Seon Ho <3.
Start-Up" (2020 Drama): Cast & Summary | Kpopmap - Kpop, Kdrama and Trend  Stories Coverage

6. The King: Eternal Monarch

Lee Min-ho is a King, while Jung Tae-eul is a detective. They are from two different worlds, like literaly they are from parallel worlds. The King discovers the gate to the parallel worlds while looking for his father's murderer. They somehow cross paths by traveling the different worlds and time. They fall in love but both of them have a responsibility in their own worlds. This one actually gets intense, there is so much drama and action..plus science fiction.
Bocoran The King: Eternal Monarch Episode 14

I know there's still a lot of good dramas out there. Any suggestions? :)

Comments

  1. Wow, this list is really nice. It must have been so hard ranking these dramas because they are all really good. I don’t know why The King: Eternal Monarch made it to the list but I mean it’s not my list hehe. I am so glad you enjoy Kdramas and I hope you continue to expand on your list because there are so many good ones out there. On a side note, START-UP is so good and I like how you love Kim Seonho hehe. 피나니, 파이팅!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.... I wonder who this is?? could it be the real Seon-Ho? :O

      Delete
  2. Goblin has to be my favorite one on this list, such a great K- Drama! I still have no clue how your able to watch so many episodes in one sitting. I usually get really tired after 1 or 2 episodes :( . Never watched most of these shows , but I'm pretty sure you have a great taste for K-Drama! Should totally watch Fated to love you/You are my destiny, my favorite K-Drama so far for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment