Thanksgiving Dinner

This year, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving because I got to take a break from work and school, and I was able to spend time with my loved ones. I started my day early to eat breakfast and watch Start-Up (on Netflix) with my bestie. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to visit all my friends because of the pandemic but we still greeted each other through message.


My family celebrated Thanksgiving with a big dinner. I was gonna post pictures of the food....but I got too excited and started eating right away. Usually, our Thanksgiving dinner consisted of more local and Filipino food, but we wanted to switch it up this year with a more American traditional Thanksgiving dinner (or what we assume is 'traditional' from movies). We had roasted turkey + stuffing, mashed potato, mac n cheese, string beans casserole, cream of corn, sweet potatoes, and pinakbet (a Filipino dish with squash, eggplant, string beans, and okra). For dessert, we had homemade apple and pumpkin pie. I had so much food on my plate, I really wish I took pictures. Everything was delicious, I ate alott alot.
Karaoke with the Kiddos

After our meal, we decided to use the Karaoke machine. First, we persuaded the kids to perform for us. Technically, we bribed them with 5 dollars, but it worked. Then the adults started singing, and let me just tell you that my family, like many Filipinos, loveee Kareoke. While the adults were singing and drinking, the kids were playing random games like Uno, and they even started choreographing dances. After listening to multiple songs and playing with the children, I started to become sleepy and ended up taking a 30-minute nap on the couch. To be fair, our small celebration lasted until midnight so I was exhausted from the whole day. 

It was such a fun night, and I'm so happy I was able to celebrate and bond with the family despite the island's situation. This year, the one thing I'm truly thankful for the most is my friends and family's health and safety. Although there are some struggles here and there, we are still able to live our lives with joy together. 

Nephew, Me, Brother
The Proper Way to Eat 
Apple Pie

Comments